Campus style: what are you wearing?

Harriet Elton, Derwent 2nd year, studying History of Art

harrietblur

I love historical art pieces; I have five items of clothing with famous paintings on (and counting), one being the skirt I’m wearing here. It’s by a brand called Romwe from China.

Unique pieces like this really sum up my style. This white sheer blouse was from Topshop and sets off the design of the skirt. All the jewellery- earrings, necklace and braclet- I made myself using can lids, I wear one of my own pieces every day.

You’ll always see me with some sort of can lid accessory but never (ever) in trousers. My bag (can lids again) is from Brazil and made by Escama STUDIO.

I am inspired by things I see on blogs. Right now I really love Luap, her style is fantastic and on her blog I see really unique garments which I end up buying almost immediately. If I could give one piece of advice to anyone, it would be to get yourself a good statement necklace and then don’t go out without it.

Since coming to university I have become so much more confident in my own style – the freedom of constantly wearing your own clothes, and not a uniform, means I’ve been able to go out and develop it.

Fashion has always been important to me, I think it stems from my mum working in luxury accessories, and hopefully it’ll be a big part of my future.

Think you’ve got the style that outranks the rest on campus? Send your look to [email protected]

1. snore. tell me more about your style and why its so amazing. snore.