Tom A-C banned from online campaigning

The Presidential candidate has been banned from online campaigning until votes close on Friday, after remarks made on his Facebook page about other candidates

Tom-AC

Presidential candidate Tom A-C has been banned from online campaigning after complaints were received about posts made by him on Facebook.

The complainants stated that Armston-Clarke, better known as Tom A-C, had claimed that another Presidential candidate was not actually Irish, said that some candidates were running because of their inability to find employment after graduation and that he had labelled one candidate as a “radical feminist”.

This contravenes Rule 11 of the YUSU campaigning rules which states that candidates must not engage in negative campaigning of a personal nature.

In response to the ban Tom A-C told Nouse: “We are all adults here, I do not understand why the elections are being run like we are in year 8. I wasn’t being overtly rude, merely making some remarks. It is what happens in real politics and in the real world. It’s not all rainbows and flowers. If people want to cry about every single thing then no wonder there are floods in Somerset”.

Tom A-C will be banned from online campaigning until voting closes on Friday at 12pm.

1. You do know his surname isn’t *actually* ‘A-C’, right?

2. 27 Feb ’14 at 3:41 pm

Isidore of Seville

Bit pointless to have the ban now seeing as voting closes tomorrow. Still, it’s the funniest damn thing I’ve read all day.

3. 27 Feb ’14 at 3:58 pm

More Ironic Than Heisenberg Operating an Empire

Oh the irony of being banned from online campaigning and then having an online article written about him and circulated….

He is jolly good fellow though, if you take out the ruthless infidelity…

4. “ACis the hero York deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

So we’ll hunt him, because he can take it.

Because he’s not a hero.

He’s a single guardian,

a watchful protector.

The Dark Knight.”

5. He’s blaming the floods on them as well!

This smear campaign has gone on long enough.

6. Fairly sure calling someone a “radical feminist” isn’t negative campaigning?

7. “We’re all adults here”

The irony is literally unbearable.

8. Such freedom. Much president-elect. Very witty. Wow. Dont stahp now. Victory level: OVER 9000.

9. 27 Feb ’14 at 5:10 pm

@More Ironic Than Heisenberg Operating an Empire

Having had the misfortune to read A-C’s work (something I hope you’ve never accidentally subjected yourself to) I’d say that infelicities was the word, not infidelities.

10. What an intelligent response by A-C, truly, now, we have a candidate who is not bound by the exaggerated bureaucracy that YUSU has become engaged in! I wish Mr Armston – Clarke the greatest success in the election. I have certainly voted for him!

11. 27 Feb ’14 at 6:45 pm

Amused Student

Wasn’t going to vote. This guy now has my vote.

12. I’ve voted for him as well. “Radical feminist”? He’s not wrong… As though YUSU needs any more hardline lefties after comrade Kallum

• At the end of the day, Tom, you violated the YUSU campaigning rules, which you kind of need to adhere to if you want to campaign. Real world politics might not be above mud slinging, but if taking part in a general election there would be different rules which you’d have to adhere to and if you didn’t you’d face pentalties there too. Suck it up!

13. 27 Feb ’14 at 7:13 pm

Dear god...my degree

If Tom Armston-Clarke is elected YUSU president, I’m transferring to York St. John.

14. 27 Feb ’14 at 7:26 pm

Brian Williamson

This young man seems mentally unhinged, unstable and unfulfilled with his personal position within society. I can only put his steady flow of pointing out others imperfections is merely a screen to cover the cracks in his own personal agenda.

15. It’ll be depressing if this guy doesn’t win, even if he’s smug at least he’s got a sense of humour. The other candidates are either uninspiring/fancy-dress wearing/social justice warrior feminist. The latter is the worst, I’d have hoped to have seen less of this at a supposedly clever uni like York.

16. However much of a gobshite, more chicken wing than right/left wing, egomaniac he is, you have to vote for him. It’s like anal sex…you maybe ashamed to want it, and it may hurt in the morning, but you do it anyway.

17. Such a conceited dipshit.

18. Eesh, he seems horribly unlikeable. I can’t help but feel this faux “cut throat” bullshit will fade as he grows up, gets a job and realises the world doesn’t work this way.

Dick on people and they’ll dick on you, Tom…

19. This guy should be sterilised.