Presidential candidate note: Sam ‘Irish’ Maguire

Sam ‘Irish’ Maguire describes his time running for YUSU president and explains why you should vote for him

Sam Maguire

Hi everyone, only a day left of voting left! It is has been a crazy election period and I have loved talking to loads of students. Meeting all of you has only made me want to do this job more and I will just give you a quick burst about why you should vote for me!

-I have a track record of success; I was volunteering officer in Langwith College and we won the volunteering cup (Dame Judi Dench cup no less), I was Langwith Chair and we won committee of the year and gained a £30,000 compensation campaign against the university.
-I want to devise and implement a strategy to give YUSU direction and to make sure if we miss targets you can hold us to account.
-I will lead a united front against sexual harassment at this university.
-I will introduce a single student calendar and redevelop the website.
-I will increase the amount of opportunities for students within the union through an internship scheme.

I really am the best person for this job and I am both a hard worker and really good at what I do and most of all I care about students.

And if that still hasn’t convinced you check out his sixty second manifesto one more time: