Buy now or regret later: Shoes

The must have feet accessories this February – grab them while they’re hot

Nike Airmax Liquid Gold/Silver

In yet another development of the Nike Airmax revival, the geniuses at the helm of the sportswear brand have gone all Back to the Future and released the iconic shoe in holographic silver and gold editions.

You may have thought the re-birth of the Airmax was merely a cheap and easy way for Nike to cash in on last year’s 90’s hysteria, but these Susie Lau-favoured space-age sneakers prove Nike are willing to use the 80’s trend to the same effect. Buy them now if you are a bling-busting glamazon or a spirit child of the 80s.

goldtrainers

Kinky Boots

With the colossal feat of fashion month fast approaching there is limited time to rock your favourite trends before they are swept away and replaced by a new set of style rules. If you are yet to submit to your darkest desires and squeeze into a pair of patent, chunky-soled, kinky ankle-booties with buckle and chain fastening, fear not, there is still time.

Look no further than Jeffrey Campbell for naughty footwear; we love his Benson Cutout Boot which is sure to demand respect from fashion slaves. Buy now if you are aching for the sexy and mysterious attitude of the Vogue Paris team or if you’re just feeling spicy.

shineboots

Slip-on

Where once stilettos, kitten heels and pointed courts were synonymous with the editors of the fashion industry, there is now a comfy revolution amongst the upper echelons. Last season’s fashion weeks were like never before. Dust off those old checkerboard slip-on Vans abandoned in the pits of your wardrobe and stride with pride in skater-kid comfort.

Although we would ideally head to Kenzo for their tiger-print Vans collaboration, Marks and Spencer’s (significantly more fashion-forward since their re-branding) have created an equally fierce leopard-print version. Buy now if you find trainers too chunky but want some comfy, practical kicks.

tigerslipom

Adidas Stan Smiths

The epitome of modern elegance and Parisian class, Phoebe Philo has once again kick-started a trainer revolution adding Adidas’ Stan Smiths to her trendy repertoire. First launched in 1965 as a tennis shoe, under the celebrity endorsement of the shoe’s eponymous court-star, it quickly became an all-time classic.

Now, with Adidas’ relaunch of the trainer, already a hit with Marc Jacobs and Jason Wu alongside a myriad of street-style big shots, you can be sure to see hoards of fashionistas following suit. Buy now to be one step ahead of the New Balance hype.

adidas

FASHION EDITOR’S CHOICE: Russell & Bromley Downton Loafers

Loafers may have been around for a long time but you just can’t beat them. Sturdy and sophiscated, they are a fashion staple in every sense. The reason for their longevity is the diverse styles; they have even released an all crystal bow version. These well known beauties should be worn with pride. My advice is to stick with tradition and get them in patent black. Don’t fret about the price, you’ll easily earn it back in compliments.

loafer