Easy chocolate truffles

Lonely this Valentine’s? This recipe for easy chocolate truffles could be the answer

Photo Credit: Foodie Baker

Photo Credit: Foodie Baker

Delicious, moreish and simple to make, these chocolate truffles are a great gift, or a much-needed pick-me-up for any singletons suffering from Valentine’s blues. This recipe uses milk chocolate, but you can swap this for white or dark. For alcohol truffles, try adding 2 tablespoons of your favourite liquor such as rum or Baileys. Orange or lemon zest adds a citrus punch.

Ingredients:
300g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
250ml double cream
30g unsalted butter

Method:
1. Place the chocolate in a large glass bowl. Heat the cream and butter gently in a saucepan until the butter melts and the cream is almost boiled. Do not let it boil fully.
2. Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate. Mix together until smooth and glossy.
3. If adding flavourings, let the mixture cool a little and then add them to the mixture.
4. Line a deep baking tray with greaseproof paper or clingfilm and pour in the mixture.
5. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours until almost set. If left to set too long it will become impossible to shape.
6. Dust your hands with cocoa powder or icing sugar to prevent them from sticking. Roll the chilled chocolate mixture into small balls using your hands. If the mixture becomes a bit sticky, put it in the fridge for 5 minutes.
7. Then immediately roll the truffles in cocoa powder, icing sugar or a coating of your choice such as chopped nuts or chocolate sprinkles. Place the truffles onto a baking tray or plate and chill in the fridge until set.

1. 14 Feb ’14 at 1:08 pm

Lord Flumblethwaddle

Well now I’m fat AND still alone.