The Looking Glass Anthology

The Looking Glass Anthology is offering aspiring writers the chance to have their work published and distributed across the university and beyond. Founded in 2009 by David Zendle, the society publishes an annual collection of fiction, written and produced by students at the University. This is a unique opportunity to showcase your creative talents, so why not get involved?

Guidelines for submissions are very flexible, with all genres and forms of fiction accepted. The only rule is that entries must not exceed the word count (1,500 for poetry, 2,000 for drama and 3,000 for prose).The final deadline for submissions is midnight on 14th March, but it is that advised that you submit by 21st February in order to get feedback from the editorial team which you can then use to develop your work.

If writing’s not your thing, you can still get involved. Every week, the editorial team meet to discuss submissions and decide which entries will be included in the final publication. New members are always welcome – simply come to the F.R. Leavis room, opposite the English office in Derwent, at 6:30pm on Tuesdays. Artistic types should also take note – the society will be holding a competition in the Spring term to find a design for the front cover of Volume 5, due for release in the summer.

If you are interested in getting involved, email [email protected] or find us on facebook and twitter. We will also be at the refreshers fair in Week 2 of the Spring term with our brand new #nottoolate campaign.