The Rise of the Christmas Jumper

This Christmas has well and truly been the season of the Christmas jumper. Never has there been a year when everyone has been sporting a festive jumper. With the top designers having jumped on the band wagon, I’m talking about the high end shopper as well as the carol singer on the street corner.

If you haven’t already been wearing one since November then you’ve been missing out. The ever-ready Primark has everything from a mildly offensive navy snowman number, with a 3D carrot nose and scarf, to a full on reindeer onezie complete with squeaky red nose.

If you are looking for a more stylish Christmas outfit, look to the Stella McCartney checkered number and pair it with some black skinny jeans and leather boots; an ode to festivities but without the sparkly Rudolph. Save The Children has nailed the trend on the head in order to raise money this Christmas with The Woolly Big Text Auction. They asked 14 top designers to design their perfect jumper and they did not disappoint. With a chunky cream round neck jumper as the base (pretty perfect anyway), Burberry created homage to London, while Sibling adorned theirs with a comic Christmas tree, undoubtedly becoming the most covetable of the season. And they can be yours (and mine) too! They are up for auction but with a twist as it is not the highest bidder who wins, but the lowest unique bid that could have you sporting a one of the kind Vivienne Westwood in 2014. It is possibly the most perfect auction for a student, as all you have to do is think of a random number! Check out www.savethechildren.org.uk for the full Ts&Cs. Race you there!

image
Photo credit: Burberry

image
Photo credit: Vivienne Westwood