Nouse’s Musical Advent Calendar: Day 16

reviews this dad-rocker tune

Photo: John Nagl

Photo: John Nagl

Wizzard – I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday

First released in 1978, Wizzard’s ‘I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday’ brought a bit of glam rock to the Christmas music entourage; a fitting and welcome addition. Whether it’s the combination of silly noises at the beginning of the track or the sweet addition of the children’s chorus in the middle section, the song remains an achingly catchy tune, filled with nostalgia and happy thoughts. It is a quick cheer builder and the sort of song you find yourself repetitively humming when the festive season comes around; the mismatch of rock and saxophone with the odd bell here and there making it a required standard at any seasonal party. It’s frivolous spirit has made it a clear target as a cover song; having been interpreted thus far by the likes of Leona Lewis, Olly Murs and The Saturdays respectively. However, for me, it is only the 2000 Wombles’ spoof “I Wish It Could Be A Wombling Christmas’ that has the capacity to match the spirit of the original version; if in somewhat of a different manner.

1. Needed to compose you one very small word to fianlly thank you the moment again for the nice opinions you’ve shared at this time. This is so strangely generous with people like you to convey without restraint precisely what a few individuals could have sold as an ebook to end up making some profit for their own end, specifically now that you might have tried it if you desired. These strategies as well worked like the fantastic way to recognize that other people online have the same interest just like my very own to figure out lots more around this problem. I am sure there are a lot more fun times in the future for individuals that look over your blog post.

2. Thanks for this neat blog; this is the type of thing that keeps me going through my day. Been sehiacrng around for your blog after being sent to it from a friend and was happy when I stumbled on it after googling for a sometime. As a demanding blogger, I’m excited to see others taking initivative and contributing to the community. Just commenting to show my appreciation for your blog as it’s very inspiring, and many bloggers do not get acceptance they deserve. I am sure I’ll visit again and will recommend to my friends.