In Pictures: Live and Loud 2013

Live and Loud was bigger than ever before. was there to experience the spectacle

Live and Loud went off with a firework-induced bang last night with a silent disco, shisha and face-painting supporting the range of acts that hit the outdoor stage in front of a 2,500-strong crowd. Here are the pics:

All photos: Agatha Torrance

1. 7 Oct ’13 at 1:47 pm

Concerned Citizen

I’m appalled at the university’s allowance of this mainstream-cult dribble. I mean, what shite is she supposed to be wearing??? The oversexualisation of Katy B (who to be fair, is a 5.0 at best) is incommensurate with a modern university.

Wankers.

2. 7 Oct ’13 at 1:51 pm

frustrated_fellow

@concerned citizen
    what the balls are you on about. the only probelm with these pictures is the sickening pandering to modern “multicultural” society. Katy B isnt in the slightest bit sexualised in fact i’m sure we’d alll hav enjoyd this awful event more if shed shown a bit more TandA

3. 7 Oct ’13 at 1:55 pm

hang_them_all

@frustrated
    agree on the multicultural shit. overrepresentation of ethnic minorities at this university is rife already, we dont need yusu forcing even more.

4. 7 Oct ’13 at 2:01 pm

Scott Payling

I’m not keen on the drug culture dragged in with the unecessary inclusion of the “Shisha.” It’s not smart, it’s not funny, and my cousin died from it.

RIP in Peace Pete

5. 7 Oct ’13 at 3:05 pm

Harry Robertson

Sometimes I think our university events planners must be smoking some kind of whacky-backy, I mean, who on earth would enjoy some uptight, self-living imbeciles parading around on a stage whaleing into a microphone for a few hours? Kill me now before the next musical plague strikes our fair campus.

6. 7 Oct ’13 at 4:08 pm

Jeswin 'Fernando' Buttercheski

I think its a testament to the growing miltitary-postmodern-military complex that we can’t walk through campus without being slapped in the face by some bourgeois-serving B-class celebrity.

7. In terms of draughtsmanship, these are at least much better than YUSU’s dull Instagram postings.