Spend, Save, Steal: Marching Orders

shows you how to kit out your wardrobe in camouflage, whatever your budget

camof celebs-1

The military look has grown up; it’s moved on from the surplus store take to become army gear with a twist. Inspired by designers like MCQ by Alexander McQueen, Burberry Prorsum and Acne and their collections based around the distinctive print, featuring on everything from long military coats to structured khaki skirts. This is a trend that has evolved from the catwalk onto the streets, championed by influential street stylers and pop stars. To rock the modern camouflage style we’re talking brass-buttoned jackets with a peplum and re-imagined parkas with black leather sleeves. This military trend is spot on for autumn and can be so chic if you know how to work it.

url

SPEND: SUPERDRY ARCTIC CAMO WINDCHEATER

£70, Superdry. Step aside leopard, camouflage is the new neutral of the season. This army print parka is a perfect staple to add to your wardrobe. They’re universally flattering and will go with everything.

camof boots-1

SAVE: ASOS ALLIANCE LEATHER ANKLE BOOTS

£51, asos.com. These ankle boots by ASOS Collection have been crafted with leather, patent, tassel fringe detail and three strap detailing. The heeled shoe encompasses the military style without being too in-your-face.

camof jeans use-1

STEAL: PRIMARK CAMO JEANS

£22, Primark. This style was once a path to the slightly unattractive dorky adolescent boy look. Not something anyone wants to channel. Luckily, as this trend has grown the high streets have been producing some brilliant autumn must-haves on the cheap. These denim camo trousers are great for the colder months and won’t leave you blending into the background of blacks and macs.