LFW Review: Leutton Postle SS14

Leutton Postle is cool, like, seriously cool

Sam Leutton, one half of the duo behind the brand, the other being Jenny Postle, is dressed head to toe in vibrant, fun and, in my opinion, amazing clothing. They are all from a selection of five incredible collections. Having both started out in knitted textiles, and making their name through their knitted amazing-ness, the two joined forces in 2011 to form a namesake brand and launched at London Fashion Week in September 2011. Their fifth collection is a slight step away from the solely knitted collections of previous years but it is a step in the right direction. Their three dimensional plastic hardware is paired with textured knits to create clothing that screams “I have to be worn and I have to be worn with attitude”.

SONY DSC

Leutton says that the inspiration behind this collection came from simple childish doodles and mark making, creating collages that they then digitalized onto jacquard fabrics to create the bright and textured clothing that they love and are so well known for. The harem trousers look like they’ve been scribbled on with neon felt tip pens and the structured, plastic t-shirts are adorned with blobs of colour. The aim of the collection, said Leutton, was to create three dimensional, tactile pieces that can be worn from head-to-toe by the brave or just worn round a wrist for the not so bold. The accessories were created to compliment the collection. The rucksacks and clutches, made from quilted, neon-coloured plastics and bracelets fastened with large brass clasps, do just that.

SONY DSC

With knitwear a key feature in every British girl’s wardrobe and Susie Bubble (aka the blogger from Style Bubble) as one of their biggest fans, Leutton Postle looks set for big things. I for one want to be in their gang.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

Find out more about the brand on their website www.leuttonpostle.com, or follow them on twitter https://twitter.com/LeuttonPostle and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/LeuttonPostle.