York Food Festival Incoming

The York Food Festival is heading to Parliament Street this week. previews

Credit: Janet59

Credit: Janet59

Discover a delicious snapshot of Yorkshire produce at the UK’s largest food festival, starting tomorrow and continuing until the end of next weekend. For those of us olde thirde yeare members of the university (Second years: No excuses you don’t have to work yet) who are coming back to York woefully early, leaving behind parents dumbstruck at the thought of their child voluntarily doing some work, here is a great excuse for a morning off.

This year, the festival will bring a taste of molecular gastronomy with the theme Food and Science. Enjoy chef demonstrations, workshops, dinner parties, wine tastings and over 100 producer stalls all over Parliament St and the city itself.

The theme is Food and Science, and the festival will bring York a variety of ‘do not try this at home’ events. There are also plenty of delicious samples to be had, plus a load of free events. I see the thrifty student’s ears pricking up. On most evenings, Parliament Street will come alive with music/dance/talent shows and a selection of street food vendors and bars. If you go for no other reason, this is a great time to look for a part-time job; it’s still before the start of term, and you can chat to a load of local employers. Go forth and be employed by delicious eateries.

See here for more information.