The Hot List: July Edition

We’ve found the products to help you beat the summer heat whilst maintaining your fashion cool

Photo Credit - wildfoxcouture.co.uk

Photo credit: wildfoxcouture.co.uk

It’s nearly the end of July and the mercury is still rising. Britain’s first proper summer in years has brought with it a ridiculous share of patriotic excitement, from sporting victories galore to the birth of a newly named heir. Even if you couldn’t care less about trophies or babies, it’s time to enjoy the weather to the full. High summer is often the hardest time to keep yourself looking cool when it’s hot, but here at Nouse we’ve compiled the top beauty products and fashion accessorise to keep you chic in the heat.

warp_image.php

NEIL’S YARD LEMONGRASS SUN SPRAY

£6.25, nealsyardremedies.com. I don’t need to lecture you about the importance of slapping on the SPF to keep your precious skin wrinkle and skin cancer free, but it’s easy to forget the most important part – your face. Even if you normally integrate sunscreen into your daily beauty routine via multitasking moisturisers or foundations, it’s easy to forget once you ditch the make-up bag and hit the beach. Most sun creams are designed for your body and are too harsh and pore-clogging for sensitive facial skin – not so with this all natural sun spray from Neil’s Yard. This organic and cruelty-free product is gentle on the skin, smells fresh and zingy, and comes in a handy mini spray bottle.

142

IPANEMA FLIP FLOPS

£14, ipanema.co.uk. Flip flops should be simple; they’re the most hassle free item in your wardrobe and they scream summer like nothing else. However, choose wisely to ensure holiday happiness. Thongs embellished with beads and shells may look pretty on the shelf, but they’re guaranteed to rub your feet to shreds the moment you hit the beach or backpacking trail. This pair from Ipanema comes in a fabulous range of colours and styles, and are made from a soft yet durable rubber that will be kind to your toes and your wallet.

041108_bumble_400X400

BUMBLE & BUMBLE SURF SPRAY

£9.50/£21.50 bathandunwind.com. Even if you can’t dip in the sea every day, this salty spray from hair masters Bumble & Bumble can help you achieve that sexy ‘beachy’ wave look. Add texture to your everyday hair look without getting sandy or sunburnt; just a few spritzes of this seaweed extract enriched product and you’ll be ready to rock the surfer babe look. It’s pretty pricey if you go all out with the 125ml option, but the bottle is a stylish addition to any bathroom. Alternatively, you can nab the travel sized version for under a tenner to chuck in your carry-on.

Essie-Resort-Collection-Spring-2013

ESSIE SUMMER 2013 COLLECTION

£7.99 each, boots.com. If you’re craving a summer nail colour hit then look no further than Essie’s latest collection. In candy colours with cheeky names like ‘Naughty Nautical’ and ‘The Girls are Out’ they’re an instant summer sugar rush. The fabulous range of colours mean you’re sure to be able to pick one to complement any bikini, and the subtle hint of sparkle will set of a tan perfectly.

image1xxl-1

TALENTED TOTES ‘CHANEL’ BAG

£10, asos.com. This witty tote bag is sure to raise a smile with any seasoned fashion fan. Made of simple canvas, this tote could be put to use as a sturdy beach bag to stash your suncream in. Alternatively, make it your summer handbag for festivals and lazy summer days in the park to lend some cool to your high street look.

max-factor-presents-revolutionary-three-day-mascara-29170_w1000

MAX FACTOR 3 DAY MASCARA

£15.99, boots.com. When a product claims to be waterproof, you have every right to remain sceptical. Too often we’ve felt the pain of panda eyes or clumpy, flaky eyelashes. So when a product claims to last for three days straight without a single smudge, it sounds like more of a fantasy than a reality. However, I can personally attest that Max Factor have performed a minor miracle with their new ‘Lashfinity’ mascara. Although the packaging is nothing to write home about and the brush is somewhat unwieldy, with careful application you can enjoy three days of swimming, sleeping and showering. It literally will not budge until you make use of the special remover formula usefully integrated into the mascara one. This isn’t one for everyday use, but if you’re headed on holiday or know you’ll be away from make-up wipes and mascara top-ups for any length of time, this beauty winner is your new BFF.