Catwalk to High Street: Summer Accessories

CFL027_1806013_ISS009-7

It is hard to believe just how quick the seasons go but here we are, presented with glossy images of Pre-Spring/Summer 2014 already. The good news is that there are plenty of trends from this summer you can keep wearing and remain at the forefront of the fashion pack. We saw whites galore for Spring/Summer 2013 and, although not surprising colour choice for the sunny months, it will be back next year in full force too. White shoes especially are having a fashion moment, they’ve been taken from the tanned streets of Essex to every blogger’s wardrobe. Look no further than Chanel Pre S/S Cruise Collection 2014 for white shoe inspiration. Alongside Chanel’s classic black toe-capped heel, were modern all white toe-capped heels and lady-like pointed ankle-strapped white stilettos.

zara.com

zara.com

The high street has been inundated with white shoes this spring and come the summer sales I recommend investing in a pair or two. Chanel were in good company with their choice of white shoes – amongst others Burberry Prosum, 3.1 Phillip Lim and Vers Oace all chose white shoes. Zara, as always, have a wonderful selection, flats, platforms, stilettos, sandals, Zara has the white shoe for you. Their pointed flats for £69.99, although not the cheapest option on the high street, are perfect for day and night and they are the ideal mix of contemporary and classy.

zara.com

zara.com

Another fashion-must for many seasons still to come is the simple clutch. Seen all across the Pre S/S 2014 catwalks, a minimal clutch is the bag of choice to keep any outfit current. Max Mara showed clean colour-blocked clutches alongside caps and oversized sunglasses for a fresh look. A simple colour-block clutch is not hard to get your hands on. Topshop is a good place to start, but Zara again have a phenomenal selection of up-to-date bags. If you can’t find colour-blocked, a minimal unadorned clutch makes any outfit chic. Zara’s blue daytime clutch for £29.99 is just the right bag to complete an understated look. Rebecca Minkoff Pre S/S 2014 favoured the statement clutch. Her roll-top neon pink and orange clutch follows the style of Céline and Chloé’s much desired bags. Rihanna couldn’t put down her Céline soft trio rolled bag after she got it. Zara makes a rolled top bag in three different colours, each colour as desirable as the next. For more Pre Spring/Summer clutch inspiration see Diesel Black Gold, Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors.