The Library’s Best Dressed: 9th May

Comfort may be the name of the game this exam season but that needn’t be at the expense of style. We check out Thursday week 3’s best dressed in our favourite centre of summer stress

Christopher’s a third year law student, and has teamed an AllSaints sweatshirt with black denim and high laced boots. Also carrying the all important plastic water bottle and an iPad, one of which is a library essential…

2nd year Saskia is a bit stressed at the moment, trying to get it all in before she goes home for a week (brave in week 4). She is unusually excited to get into British library and away from the Harry Fairhurst’s distractions. We loved her chunky Selfridges necklace – very stylish.

SONY DSC

Georgia is a third year Law student, and wears a Liberty’s skirt, AllSaints top and Topshop scarf. Georgia couldn’t remember where they were from, but we do love the Spartan-style sandals, especially when teamed with a high waisted summery skirt. Her thoughts on her outfit? “I’m really inappropriately dressed for the weather…”

Stress levels? “10! Seriously stressed – I’ve got the fear!”

SONY DSC

Matthew, a third year chemistry student, when asked to be photographed for a best-dressed article looked himself up and down and said “what, me? I’ve got holes in my shoe!” Catwalk style perhaps not, but baggy sweatshirt with low slung jeans gives library comfort and style. We were also a huge fan of the print on the front of his sweatshirt.

Stress levels? Probably a 6? The work’s piling up now but I’ve got another year to go with a masters.

SONY DSC

1. I wore Chris’ vest to dress up as a Mexican wrestler for Halloween this year… Didn’t realise I was also simultaneously the height of fashion.

2. What. What is this. Like. What? WHAT? LIBRARY’S BEST DRESSED? I THOUGHT I CAME TO A GOOD UNIVERSITY WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!