Get The Look: Catwalk Jewellery

Get the freshest catwalk jewellery looks at bargain high street prices

Meadham Kirchoff SS13

Meadham Kirchoff SS13

Show stopping jewellery pieces were the way to go on the runway this Spring/Summer 2013, and the trend has made its way firmly onto the highstreet. Bold looks can be found in most of your favourite high street stores, just think the bigger the better. Meadham Kirchhoff showed the most out there styles in their usual surreal way, costume-esque designs flounced down the catwalk topped with gloriously shiny and extraordinarily large earrings.

asos.com

asos.com

Edward Meadham and Benjamin Kirchhoff showed the perfect way to wear your chandelier necklace and doorknocker earrings; over a Minnie Mouse t-shirt. The Disney icons popped up in shows all across S/S 13, even Marc Jacobs. This out there jewellery is the perfect way to finish off any graphic t-shirt, which have become a fashion staple with the firm return of all things 90s. ASOS have a vast range of knock out earrings and statement necklaces to match. The blue necklace and blue bug earrings from ASOS are perfect for capturing the Meadham Kirchhoff look. Blue is the colour to buy now to wear now and to wear later, it was the colour of the Autumn/Winter 13/14 catwalks.

Chanel SS13

Chanel SS13

You might have seen in Rihanna’s latest Instagram snaps that she has been wearing a rather grand pearl necklace recently. The extravagant piece has come straight off the SS13 Chanel catwalk. It is a wonderful update of the classic Chanel pearl necklace, and a classy way to wear the show stopping jewellery trend. Zara have created a take on the infinitely desirable Chanel pearls and at £19.99 are a sheer fraction of what you would be paying for the real thing.
Meadham Kirchhoff and Chanel were not the only designers to show larger-than-life bling. Dinner plate sized earrings were seen as simple silver hoops at Balmain, graphic, silver and stone embellished at Etro, and tasseled at Versace.
zara.com

zara.com

Plastic was a popular material with Plexiglas cuffs, chokers, belts and bodices adorned with gem covered bees dominating the Alexander McQueen runway. Plastic fantastic was seen at Dior and Givenchy too. Perspex jewellery can be picked up at Topshop and Asos to name just a few. Dolce & Gabbana steered clear of modern plastic and headed back to their Sicilian roots for some spectacular bright, raffia and pom-pom laden earrings and necklaces. The jewellery had an almost ethnic feel, a trend the highstreet has picked up on and you can grab your OTT jewellery from Topshop et al.
Dolce and Gabana SS13

Dolce and Gabana SS13