It’s March and it’s meant to be Spring but it’s snowing again and many of us might be stuck at home, without sufficient heating and feeling the Monday blues today. Here are a few easy comforting warm soups that will warm you up in no time. It sounds easy and bland but trust me, they will warm you up in no time. Or just sit by the window and sunbathe, it’s a surprisingly sunny day.
Easiest broccoli soup in the World
1 head of broccoli, chopped
Salt & Pepper
1. Boil the broccoli in a pot of water
2. Blend the broccoli, and gradually add the boiling liquid, until a desired consistency is achieved.
3. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Optional: cayenne pepper/ chilli flakes for that extra kick.
Roasted mushroom soup
500 g mushrooms (mixed varieties)
4 cloves of garlic
Fresh or dried rosemary
4 cups of Mushroom or vegetable broth
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees
2. Remove woody steams from the mushrooms, chop
3. Toss the mushrooms with garlic, rosemary sprigs, salt, pepper and olive oil
4. Lay mushroom flat on baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes, or until they start to caramelise at the edges
5. While mushrooms are in the oven, boil the cauliflower till tender
6. Blend the cauliflower with 2 cups of broth until smooth
7. Continue blending, gradually adding the roasted mushrooms and broth until a soupy consistency depending on your preferences (Optional: Add the roasted garlic and herbs)
7. Top with any leftover roasted mushrooms, a dash of black pepper and olive oil.