The Campaign Manager Diaries: Thomas Banks

So voting is open. I feel lucky as I sit in the courtyard writing this. I just got shiny scudamore, which for those of you who don’t collect Premier League football stickers, is something unheard of.

It’s rainy, cold and dull, but that isn’t stopping me get out there. Hopefully you’ll have seen my dashing face posters across campus, and by now you’ll know some of my policies.

I really wanted this campaign to be about getting the message across that we don’t need to change a University that is already a fantastic institution. Instead, it’s all about making everybody’s lives more comfortable and relaxing on a day to day basis. That’s why I want tea making facilities in the library and microwaves too. The little things in life are the ones that truly improve your experience at University.

The #BanksSegways are coming on strong, and we’ve spoken to a few sponsors that are keen on starting a scheme similar to Barclays with the Boris Bikes. Lets see how that goes.

So basically I’m hoping you see my policies and think “yes!” If you do, then a vote would be amazing. If you don’t, let’s hope whoever wins takes on board some of my policies and the good people of York get bendy buses, a cooler, dimmer library with facilities to make your own drinks and food, and of course Segways to get around campus on.

Over and out,

Banks x

1. Voted. I want him in.