The Campaign Manager Diaries: Matthew Stephenson

Despite York crawling its way back into mid-Winter for the 5th time, Matt’s been out all costumed up and equipped with some toasty gloves to get talking with students. In my opinion he’s enjoyed having polystyrene abs a bit too much, but it’s all extra insulation I suppose!

It’s a shame to see that work of all involved in the YUSU campaigns have been vandalised over the last few days, but this hasn’t discouraged Matt in reaching out to students this week.

Having put his ‘Superman’ stamp around campus over the past few days, Matt has moved on to getting out there and talking to students directly.

After congratulating Men’s Rugby 3s on Wednesday for their great win against Sunderland, he’s been visiting lectures, careers events, halls and sports clubs to share his policies.

Dressed as Superman, he’s gained quite a bit of attention from students out in town the last few nights and it’s been a great chance for him to explain what he’s all about. His main push for a better integrated careers service has gained increasing support over the last few days.
Keep your eye for Matt around campus in his costume, he’d love to stop and have a chat with you and listen to what you want from YUSU over the next year.

If you’d rather stay in the comfort of your own home or the slightly over-heated library instead of braving the cold, follow Matt on his Facebook page on facebook.com/SuperStephenson

Have a great weekend and don’t forget to vote for Matt from 9am Monday at yusu.org/vote

Keep warm,

Matt (and his campaign team)