LFW: Saturday round up

The crowds set in at day 2 of LFW, but the shows such as Pam Hogg and Carlotta Actis Barone shone in the fine London weather

Photos by: Agatha Torrance and Lily Grant

Another day of fine weather kicked off day 2 at London Fashion Week. We could see from the outset that the crowds were arriving and the short queues of Friday were long gone. The press room at the Fashion Scout venue was packed to the rafters making it necessary to tread on the odd toe to get to such necessities as a plug…

Before most of the team had even arrived, our early bird reporters were down in the Somerset Courtyard for the Daks show, with more stark monochrome, and sharp black tailored shift dresses. From here the shows rolled in with Christopher Raeburn, Yifang Wan and the ‘Ones to Watch’ show. Super blogger Susie Bubble was to be seen at the latter, but it was the sharp metallic stars at Yifang Wan which really lit up Freemason’s in the morning.

But it’s not all about the catwalk as we found at the Orla Kiely presentation on Flitcroft Street. 1950s chic style in bold pinks and reds were on show as well as prints which adorned everything from the clothes to a vintage radio. The designer was also only too willing to chat to us about her inspiration for the collection, and why she won’t show on the catwalk.

Back at Fashion Scout the afternoon soon hotted up with queues stretching round the block. The mad Dans La Vie show saw matching balaclavas and tights, before Carlotta Actis Barone brought a new shade of monochrome with transparent skirts and models given free reign to dominate the floor. Other shows included Ashley Isham and the mammoth Bernard Chandran collection, but the highlight of the evening had to be the long-awaited Pam Hogg who’s returned for her second LFW. ‘Mental’ was the review from last year, and A/W ’13 didn’t disappoint with stunning designs, full frontal nudity and dancers from the English National Ballet. Who ever said fashion was boring…

Fashion Scout’s cooling down on Sunday, but look forward to reports from Phoebe English and the Kiev Fashion Days show. Keep an eye on it on the Nouse live blog!

Video courtesy of the London Fashion Council