The Hot List: Lick your Lips

The darkness of winter lips is coming to an end and lipsticks are taking inspiration from the fresh and the sweet. Rachel Thomson picks out her top three

The darkness of winter lips is coming to an end and lipsticks are taking inspiration from candied fruits, from the like of YSL to High Street brands – the colours all round are fresh and sweet. These sugar-sweet lip colours are somewhere between glosses and balms, providing layers of colour with added shine.

dior lipstick
DIOR SERUM DE ROUGE. £25

Dior ‘Serum de Rouge’ in ‘Petal’ embodies the glossy trend. It’s as girlish and flirty as lipsticks come, and is an absolute necessity for spring. Don’t think of it as a beauty product, think of it as a way to accessorise your LBD. You’re basically buying a new jacket, so it’s positively inexpensive.

bobbi brown
BOBBI BROWN LIPSTICK. £18

Shying somewhat away from the glossy berry inspired colours is Bobbi Brown’s new range of lipstick shades. These creamy, semi matte lipsticks give lips instant polish with a rich, full coverage. The Hollywood red is candy bright, but without the sickly sweet look. With 30 shades to choose from, your new spring lipstick awaits.

topshop lipstick

TOPSHOP LIPSTICK. £9

Tangerine is this spring’s freshest shade. Topshop’s ‘Enchanted’ lipstick collection has a multiple of shades, but for extra pop this spring choose charmed for the value price of £9. Guilt-free on-trend summer lips for a complete steal.