In Pictures: RAG Parade

A selection of pictures from this year’s RAG Parade which raised a total of £2188 on Saturday’s Parade. James College raised the most money with £488.09

Photos: Agatha Torrance

RAG RAISED a total of £2188 on Saturday’s Parade. James College raised the most money with £488.09.

Derwent came a close second, with £420.69. Langwith, Halifax, Alcuin, Wentworth, Goodricke and Vanbrugh follwed.

James College also picked up the prize for best fancy dress. The theme was ‘farmyard’ and followed by a celebratory barn dance later in the evening.

YUSU RAG Officer, Becky Mursell told Nouse, “With the sun shining – we couldn’t have asked for a better day!

“We had a great turn out and it was the best feeling to see RAG take over York by storm and watch people’s reactions as went by.

“A special mention needs to go to Samba band who brilliantly led the parade, Glee Singers and Brass Band for providing some wonderful music as well as some impressive juggling from juggle soc.

A huge thanks went to everybody who helped behind the scenes, and in particular to Dan Ashcroft, “who has been an absolute legend in leading and organising the week.”