Get the Look… Catwalk Beauty

When the latest collections hit the catwalk all eyes are usually fixated on the clothes themselves, not the models’ makeup. But if your budget can’t stretch to ready-to-wear, taking beauty inspiration from the runway is one of the best ways to name-check your favourite label without breaking the bank. You don’t need to be a makeup artist or have a vast stash of designer makeup products; these Spring/Summer ’13 beauty looks from the catwalk are all easily recreated with a few choice high street makeup products.

cara chanel makeup

Cara Delavigne’s look for Chanel’s show is a great example of a makeup combo that can be touched up for a quick fix, day-to-night routine. To recreate the look, sweep the eyelids with Seventeen’s ‘Wild Metallic’ Cream Eyeshadow (£3.99), adding another layer for a more dramatic look. For creating an easy smudgy flick, Rimmel’s ‘Scandaleyes’ waterproof kohl eyeliner pencil (£3.99) is fool proof. Cara’s strong brows really complement the look, so to keep yours fixed in place all day invest in the beauty-blogger’s favourite: a clear brow gel for MAC (£28).

jourdan-dunn-london-fashion-week-springsummer-2013_5913131
To reference Jourdan Dunn’s pretty, sixties-inspired look for Issa, you’ll need to perfect your liquid eyeliner technique. Even a complete beginner can master the tricky double flick with Smashbox’s ‘Limitless’ Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Pen (£16); literally a felt tip for your face, and so easy to use. For a pretty peachy pout with staying power, try and get your hands on Rimmel’s latest hit, the ‘Apocalips Lip’ Laquer in ‘Luna’ (£5.99).
christian dior makeup
For a more dramatic dressing-up look, take heed of Christian Dior’s showstopper eyes. For a base colour with a super-vibrant pigment that will stay fixed all night, use Maybelline’s ‘Colour Tattoo 24Hr’ gel-cream eyeshadow in ‘Turquoise Forever’. The diamanté embellishments can be found in any decent craft shop; to attach them without hurting the delicate skin around your eyes, use a good false eyelash glue. If you want to add the lashes as well for an even bigger impact, Eylure ‘Naturalites’ (£5.35) will give your peepers added drama without looking to outlandishly fake.