Paris Couture 2013 – Dior Show Report

For Raf Simons, Paris Couture 2013 was all about embracing the hope of spring, a welcome reprieve in the backdrop of the snow-lined streets of Paris. “I wanted it to literally be about the season; to be about the very idea of spring”, he said in his programme notes.

dior1

The runway was covered in an ethereal facade of foliage, mirroring the collection’s homage to flowers and provided a vibrant contrast to its primarily pastel colour range. Worked into layered multi-coloured embroidered tulle to give dimension, or dotted down the sheer faux-slit of column dresses, petals were sewn into the heart of the show.

dior2

We also saw red-lipped models strut in statement strapless gowns with voluminous floor length skirts (a la Jennifer Lawrence at the Golden Globes). The long skirt reappeared again in an asymmetrical below-the-knee silk strapless periwinkle dress with a black bodice; further emphasising Simon’s representation of woman in springtime.

dior3

To close off the show, classic bridal gowns were seen on the runway with an updated twist of cuffed t-shirt sleeves to give a fresh look to the springtime wedding. The detailing of the embroidered cuffs alludes to a polished precision of the collection that is echoed in the sleek lines of the midnight blue tuxedo that was introduced in contrast to the weighted gowns.

dior4

The profusion of pastel and clean lines of the collection hints at the coming of lighter hues and simplicity to the high street – more femme than fatale this spring.

As stated in our disclaimer, Nouse is not responsible for user-submitted content.