Spend, Save, Steal: The Trophy Knit Edit.

Rachel Thompson finds a trophy knit for every budget to keep you warm this winter

Don’t just get any old sweater. Go for the emblazoned kind with retro logos, a tongue-in-cheek slogan, or even a cute motif. It is the season of trophy knits not humble pullovers. They’re practical for the cold and a staple trend this winter.

PHOTO CREDIT: Topshop.com

HANDKNIT CROSS JUMPER. UNIQUE. £295.00

If you’re going to splash the cash do it at Topshop Unique – not only a worthwhile investment, but also an exclusive look. Daisy Lowe recently sported this statement item, showing us mere mortals how to look effortless and on trend at the same time.

PHOTO CREDIT: Zara.co.uk

WHITE MACRAME JUMPER. ZARA WOMAN. £55.00

From bold prints to decorative macramé detailing; this Zara white sweater looks delicate and sophisticated while keeping you protected from the harsh British wind. Zara are renowned for their tailoring and capsule wardrobe garments. This delicate trophy knit will keep you snug through the winter months and look fresh in the summer- multitasking and for under £60, what’s not to love?

NAVY DUCK JUMPER. RIVER ISLAND. £38.00

The trophy knit is not just a trend for the girls; this easy and versatile look has been spotted on various male pin-ups. Eddie Redmayne is rarely without his epaulette detail knits. If you don’t have the budget of a Burberry model/ Les Mis actor then this is a great bargain.