The Cold List

A selection of cosy luxuries to indulge in for the Winter months

Juice: Runny red noses will never be fashionable. We’ve been defeating ours by juicing all fruit and vegetables in reach, with the aid of Juice Master Jason Vale (thank you Argos, but note, this is the only time you will appear in this section). If that all sounds a bit too worthy, juice goes great with (a lot of) gin. Despite waking up in a bath last Wednesday, I was galvanized and glowing. Ahem.

Smoking Slippers: It’s been a long time coming, but flats really are back, and not just for comfy days. Smoking slippers, seen at Miu Miu, McQueen and Nine West, as well as paragon of style Alexa Chung, make easy work of elevating any outfit. Men of a sartorially adventurous disposition, take note – Jimmy Choo and Stubbs and Wootton offer some great variations.

Clothing: Redundant as this may sound, clothing seems to be something quite a few people are forgetting, to the extent that both Miranda and myself feel the need to address it. Girls – bandage dresses do not go well with mottled purple skin. Boys – nor do t-shirts and shorts (seriously, shorts!). It snowed last week. Yes, we’re students, but surely we can afford coat check.

French Pharmaceuticals: French pharmacy brands have long been the go to for industry insiders, and the reason is simple: they target a problem and solve it. For parched winter skin, Lait Creme Concentre by Embryolisse, thougah hard to find, is an essential. Eau Thermal Avene, Vichy and La Roche Posay, which are all available at Boots, will also make light work of that frightful flake.

The Monk Strap: Brogues are all good and well, if a little too omnipresent. Diversify your wardrobe with Monks, which make the perfect alternative, paired with jeans, chinos or trousers. Church’s and Russell & Bromley offer classic takes, but go to Grenson and Mark Mcnairy for something a little less ‘boy in man’s clothes’.