The Hot List 19.06.12

The Hot List: Aigle Wellies, plaited hair, Azealia Banks, and Caitlin Charles

The festival season is commencing and with the rain still ever present it seems as if there will be a high demand for wellington boots. Experience the festivities and battle the weather in true style by sporting the iconic ‘Aigle’ Wellington boot. This French brand specialises in producing durable and extremely trendy wellington boots. There are many excellent styles which they have created and all of their boots are hand-crafted. From the iconic lace up ‘Nemrod’ design to their tremendously ingenious ‘Rubberpack’ design Aigle will surely have a boot to suit. Prices start at £125 but they are definitely an investment. Andrew Andemosun

Caitlin Charles Jones. The recent Graduate London Fashion Week proved to be one of the most exciting in its 21 year history. Caitlin Charles Jones from Kingston University emerged from the catwalk shows as one to watch jointly winning the knitwear award with Jousianne Propp. It is easy to see why Jones’ collection caused such a stir amongst the judges with her eye catching bright coloured designs giving a slight nod towards Art Deco. The textural combination of knitwear and chiffon sleeves finished with diamanté created a sport-luxe feel to the pieces, which would undoubtedly fly off the rails. Helena Davies

Easy Peasy Pleats (hairstyle). The Pleat incorporates both the elegant updo and the off duty style that all hair fanatics crave… a ‘do that looks impossibly intricate but in reality, takes no more than 5 minutes! And now is the perfect time to embrace the Pleat, especially since fairytale fashion is having a huge moment this season. Simply roll at the nape of the neck (invest in the cunning sausage-like cheats on the high street right now – they make life so easy) and add a pretty tiara à la Louis Vuitton and you’re good to go. Wear it tousled and loose for daytime and keep it sleeker for those summer weddings. Genius. Jess Holland

She’s the name on everyone’s lips with the song on everyone’s playlist. Azealia Banks appeared out of nowhere with her straight-talking, uber-explicit hit ‘212’. It’s not just her music that’s been making headlines; in true new star on the block style, Banks has been picking fights with more established celebs via that internet den of catfights, Twitter. The young rap artist has already had public spats with Lil Kim and T.I. She also outraged fans late last month by pulling out of numerous summer festival appearances. But with almost 16 million views on her ‘212’ video, it’s no wonder that fame has gone to her head. India Block