Chief Executive of YUSU resigns

The Chief Executive Officer of YUSU has resigned after handing in his resignation last week, Nouse has learnt

Saul Bertoletti, the CEO of YUSU, has resigned, Nouse has learnt.

Bertoletti handed in his resignation last week after nearly four years in the position. He will stay on as CEO until late August.

Tim Ellis, YUSU President, confirmed Bertoletti’s departure, stating: “YUSU has come a long way as an organisation over the last four years and over the summer. Kallum Taylor and a selection panel will be looking to find a suitable candidate to help take YUSU forward, lead the staff team and work with the Sabbatical Officers.

During the last four years, Bertoletti has overseen investment in the Courtyard, Lounge Bar, and new Student Centre – which is set to open in week 10.

An interim CEO will take charge in August and be in place for six months whilst the process of finding a new replacement is undertaken.

Kallum Taylor, YUSU President-elect, will be leading the process and the panel for hiring a new CEO will comprise of Kallum Taylor, YUSU Sport President-elect Charlotte Winter, one student trustee, and one external trustee, and a University representative.

Ellis added: “I would personally like to thank the outgoing CEO for his hard work during his time here and to wish him all the best for the future.”