Scott Mills to headline NeverlanD

BBC Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills has been announced as the final headline at this year’s NeverlanD event. Reverend and the Makers and Roll Deep are also set to perform

Photo credit: Derwent College

Photo credit: Derwent College

BBC Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills has been announced as the final headline at this year’s NeverlanD event. The announcement was made in Club Salvation on Tuesday night.

Reverend and the Makers and Roll Deep are also set to perform. As well as these three acts, The Pauper Kings (who recently supported McFly), Itchy Feet, Taming the Savage, The Marzec group, Paul Bailey Hague, Djames and Jim Bulley are all confirmed to play, with more acts still to be confirmed.

In 2005 Mills was voted funniest DJ by Loaded Laftas. On 2 April 2012, Mills moved to the afternoon slot on BBC Radio 1, after nearly eight years on his popular drive time show. Greg James took the spot in the BBC’s drive to attract younger listeners.

Derwent College vice Chair, Lucy Hoban, told Nouse: “The theme is NeverlanD, and we hope Derwent and Langwith will be transformed into a magical place that where no student wants to leave and grow up. With the added venue of a marquee, there is a lot to be excited about. Everything is running to plan so the countdown is on!”

“We are so excited for all the Headline Acts attending Big D this year, we feel that we have catered to multiple genres and there will be something for everyone there. We feel a DJ completes the lineup perfectly.”

Big D will be held at 21:00 28th June until 03:00 29th June, and will span across three stages around campus. The Lost Boys’ Hideout, Mermaid Lagoon and Hook’s Pirate Ship are amongst the events themed areas.

1. …who the hell is he?

2. I believe Scott Mills is a BBC Radio 1 DJ.

3. Fair enough, scott mills will be good. but this lineup is still nothing compared to the last 2 years. Not enough dance/dubstep for my liking, but at least there is a varied range of performers.

4. what are Scott Mills songs…? Couldn’t we just turn on Radio 1 for free? He’s not even fit….

5. Why do they keep using “Miss it, Miss out” as a slogan? All youd’d miss out on are some pretty third-rate acts… How in any way are Scott Mills, Reverend and the Makers and Roll Deep comparable to Basshunter, Lethal Bizzle, Crystal Fighters and Sub Focus? And the theme is abysmal too – “Neverland, Never Grow Up”? Even thinking about one for five minutes could yield something better than that. Sadly they probably don’t do refunds cause they’re nowhere near selling out and probably won’t be…

6. 14 Jun ’12 at 5:52 pm

Hey Arnold! Spot the Dog. Biff and Chip.

C’mon guys. It’s not that bad. I mean, it could be worse. Remember when DJ Tim Westwood came to campus? Now *that* was bad. At least DJ Scott Mills is merely unknown. He could be good? Lets give him a chance, eh lads and lasses?

7. Shame the FREE Goodricke event Goodfest is kinda showing you up on acts guys…Remind me how much a Big D ticket is again this year?

8. Shame the FREE Goodricke event Goodfest is being funded by the huge excess taken from your freshers in fresher’s week, yet enjoyed by the entire uni.

It’s not FREE at all, my friend.

9. 16 Jun ’12 at 7:39 pm

@ @Just sayin'

Don’t think they each paid an excess of £25 for their freshers tickets

10. I never said they did. Also Big D’s aim is to make as much for charity as possible, which explains why it’s more expensive than it might be otherwise..

11. 17 Jun ’12 at 11:17 am

@ @Just sayin'

Yes it’s supposed to make as much money as possible for charity, but the high price tag is to accommodate large acts, on top of which a sum that goes to charity. Seeing as the acts this year are shite, people simply aren’t buying the tickets, so money ain’t gettin spent on charity. That’s because of poor event management on the part of those choosing the acts.

12. everyone takes in an a similar amount of excess over freshers in order to fund events throughout the entire year. Goodfest was incredible and they could’ve charge to promote their excess even more but they didn’t, the jcrc took the huge loss in order to make it free for all the students.

13. I love a bit of Millsy!