Campus Style Icon

Campus Style Icon

Joni Roome
1st year English Literature student

How would you describe your look?
People say my style is very predictable, black is always the uniform and I usually take it from there. If I was to describe my look in one word it would be ‘…’

Who are your favourite designers?
I never usually aspire to wear brand name clothes. Most of my clothing are either vintage or high street. One of my favourite places to shop is at a vintage shop called ‘Cow’, they have branches in Manchester and Leeds.

What is your favourite item of clothing and why?
Definitely jewellery, I have a substantial amount of necklaces, bracelets and watches. After pulling together a great outfit, the jewellery is always essential in order to complete my look.

From first impressions the name that comes to mind is Russell Brand, do you consciously follow his look?
Being tall, skinny & having long dark hair makes it quite inescapable to not be compared to Russell Brand. I wouldn’t say that I consciously try to dress like Russell Brand, however, it is a comparison that I certainly don’t mind embracing.

Is there any genre of music that inspires your look?
Definitely, it has got to be rock music from as early as the sixties. Stars as early as Jimi Hendrix & Jim Morrison definitely have had a big influence on the way that I dress, along with more current stars such as Julian Casablancas of the Strokes.

What are your favourite high street brands and why?

The first would have to be Primark for their great value skinny jeans which start at £9.00. H&M are also quite good if you have the time to go on a long and lengthy search as they tend to do an extensive variety of quirky t-shirts. Lastly it would have to be Topman for their great quality and great value shoes.