Election exit poll predicts three way battle for President

Exit polls released for the YUSU elections have predicted Kallum Taylor to win by a margin of only one per cent

Exit polls have been released showing that Kallum Taylor is predicted to win YUSU President by a margin of only one per cent of the vote.

The results are based on a random sample of 100 votes, and are in no way definitive of the results. There have been 5,720 voters, and over 40,000 ballots cast across all positions.

The votes for the seven Presidential candidates appear to have been predominantly distributed to Taylor, Zahra Latif, and Nacho Hernando. All received above 20 per cent of the vote in the first round of voting distribution, with Latif edging ahead by a single margin in the first round.

The exit polls for other full-time sabbatical officer positions have also been released.

Graeme Osborn, running for re-election as Academic Officer, is predicted to win against Eppie Leishman. The poll predicted he would gain 61 per cent of the votes in the first round.

The position of Student Activities is far more heavily contested with the three candidates, Hannah Brearley, Helen Marrison, and Chris West, all receiving predications of over twenty-five per cent of the vote in the first round. However, the exit poll predicts West to win, after the elimination of Helen Marrison in the second round, taking 48 per cent of the vote.

In a similar repeat to the exit poll for Academic Officer, the position of Welfare looks to be re-won by the current incumbent, Bob Hughes. The poll showed that Hughes had gained 63 per cent of the vote in the first round, over double that of his closest competitor Hannah Wigley, who the poll recorded as receiving 27 per cent of the vote.

Finally, the exit poll has predicted that York Sport President will be won by Charlotte Winter. Winter, according to the poll, has carried 63 per cent of the vote, in comparison to Dong-Oh Shin’s 31 per cent of the vote.

The results will be announced this evening in The Lounge, and will be recorded live on the Nouse election live blog.

1. 100 votes out of 5720 is as you said in no way indicative. Good luck to everyone running and look forward to the actual results tonight.