The Hot List

The Hot List this week recommends the Barbour Tarras bag, Liz Earle Polish Cleanser, Brangelina’s vintage versace and Chanel Lumiere foundation

This classic Barbour leather wax Tarras bag is the ultimate university essential. It is practical, yet still utterly stylish. And don’t forget the slick tartan lining feature. It has an impressive amount of compartments which mean that not only can you store your items in style, but you can also keep things organised. It retails at £179.99 (online and in store) and is definitely value for money, especially when you consider how durable and dependable this must have accessory is. It is a luxurious fashion accessory for both men and women.

Andrew Adenmosun

The ultimate in revolutionary skincare has to be Liz Earle’s Cleanse and Polish product, designed for the man that is liable to neglect his skin. By blitzing all traces of daily dirt and grime, results are visible from day one, even for those with sensitive skin. It is to be used twice daily, but don’t let this deter you; the Cleanse and Polish is easily incorporated into a fuss-free routine…genius. It retails at £13.95 for a starter kit, but you can shop online to take advantage of bulk deals, and be sure to read other reviews by men with clear skin from all over the country – a multi-award winning product from a multi-award winning brand, you can’t go wrong.

Jess Holland

They are the one couple guaranteed to set the red carpet alight, and we just can’t seem to get over our fascination with Angie and Brad. Jolie leads the way every time, looking resplendent in an endless parade of fabulous vintage Versace; the words ‘wardrobe’, ‘mistake’ and ‘malfunction’ have, thus far, never entered her vocabulary.
For a while Pitt looked like he was dangerously close to working the ‘over-accessorized homeless’ look with his straggling beaded beard and questionable beanies. Luckily, Angelina seems to have brought him to heel for the current spate of glittering awards ceremonies. He was recently looking suave at the Brits, his glossy flowing locks brought back the look he adopted during Troy. And every time the spotlight seems to dim they come out with another brilliant comment to keep attention focused on brand Brangelina, whether it be dropping not-so-subtle allusions about their wild ‘n’ crazy sex life, or adding fuel to the fire of the burning question of will-they won’t-they finally tie the knot?

India Block

The luxurious beauty brand, Chanel, has recently re-launched its former iconic Pro-Lumière foundation; freshly-named, the foundation now boasts a much wider shade selection, which caters for complexions of all hues. Many Chanel-lovers were anxious when they heard that the previous foundation was to be discontinued, but ‘Perfection’ will not disappoint. It is still long-lasting, with impeccable coverage and gives that trade-mark healthy glow, however now feels remarkably lighter on the face. At £36, the product may be over many a student budget, but with a recommended one-pump-per-day from the experts, a little obviously goes a long way.Surely that’s an investment.

Jess Holland