Nudity to be shown in Fusion once again

Fusion’s production this term is expected to be “controversial” because of its topics of homosexuality, gender, equality, as well as a nude scene being incorporated

FUSION‘S PRODUCTION this term is expected to be “controversial” because of its topics of homosexuality, gender, equality, as well as a nude scene being incorporated.

Mollie Liesner, Creative Director, said: “You can’t tell history without being controversial. We want people to come and see it and enjoy the usual fashion, dance and music, but we want to utilise it to make people think about deeper issues.”

Interest has been piqued by a lingerie scene. Based around 17th century France and the French Revolution, it addresses the debauchery and consumerism of the time.

Using Rococo art as a starting point, which depicted the artificial and indulgent lives of the aristocracy and instead showing the contrast of the real issues at the time, using some nudity.

The theme is the Story of Man, aiming to display how man has changed from living alongside animals to becoming materialistic consumerist animals themselves. The production will move through history showing the Aztecs, Egyptians, gender and equality in the medieval period, the French Revolution, the World Wars and more.

Even though the show is addressing controversial topics, this has been justified by the aim to give people the chance to enjoy the fashion, dance and music, and think more deeply about serious issues.