Goodricke College

The new College Chair tells Nouse their objectives for the year

Emily Niamh Miller
Second-year Theatre, Film and Television student

Objectives for the year:

To get budgeting sorted for each section of the committee as quickly as possible, enabling them to organise as full and varied a programme of events and activities for Goodrickers as we are capable of.
    To increase the accessibility of the JCRC to Goodricke students and also to raise awareness of the committee’s role so that people feel able to come to us with ideas and requests to give them the best college experience possible.
    To organise more inter-college events, giving us every opportunity to show our Goodricke Spirit!
    To continue to campaign for an increasingly student-orientated Heslington East, making sure that the students who call it home feel like they are always a top priority.

“I intend my term as Chair to be one where Goodrickers are offered a great variety of events that think outside traditional boxes, and where people feel like they can have their say on how the JCRC spends their time and what sort of events and services we bring to them. I want to provide people with the best possible college experience and make them proud to call themselves a member of Goodricke. I promise to work constantly with my potentially brilliant committee to make sure we achieve this. Roll on 2012!”