In Pictures: LFW Day Three

Sunday at London Fashion Week

Another day finished at London Fashion Week and the photos just keep getting more and more interesting.

Admittedly, Day Three of London Fashion Week proved to be a slow one for the catwalks. The Dans La Vie show, held late in the afternoon, was quite visually interesting, with models having to walk between a metal gate as opposed to the usual plain backdrop. This posed a fair few problems for photographers, especially those at the sides of the photographer’s podium. The model’s final group run was basically impossible to photograph clearly. The clothes themselves were pretty average: it was as if the designer had taken my grandma’s PVC tablecloths and wrapped them haphazardly around his models, whilst the patterns on the material had already been seen spread across the tickets. The show was slightly redeemed by catchy music.

The Estethica exhibition at Somerset House was a great place to be. Champagne, bacon butties and ethical clothing. As well as having the opportunity to talk one-on-one to the designers about their pieces we were allowed to see their designs in the flesh with the chance to touch them and really look at them. Due to the lack of shows we also visited other designer exhibitions held in Somerset House. A visit to the Paperself section of the exhibition lead to both Hannah and I having ornate lashes stuck on. We also took a quick trip to the Alexandra Groover film screening which featured the designer’s spring/summer collection for 2012. With entirely black outfits, fuschia rimmed faces and exploding giant shoes, the models looked more like witches and pagans than fashion icons. Seriously creepy stuff.

All photos by Philippa Grafton