In Pictures: LFW Day Two

As Day Two of LFW draws to a close, reminisces over the day though her snapshots of shows, celebs and shoots

The second day of London Fashion Week showed a giant change in styles and an inclusion of male models.

Day Two’s catwalk shows set themselves apart from the shows of Day One quite significantly: Ashish completely stunned the crowds with their sequined, exaggerated floral pieces, whilst the Fashion Mode show presented some wonderfully unique accessories including platform heels with skull decorations. Fashion Mode also introduced the first male-only fashion show held by designer James Hillman. His simplistic designs were combined with lilac glitter lipstick, which drew more than a few indignant groans from the male photographers.

One of the highlights on Day Two was undoubtedly the aftershow party held in the penthouse apartment of the Mayfair Hotel. As well as free cocktails (lots of gin), popcorn and a goodie bag there was also a live fashion shoot in one of the bedrooms. Press were allowed into the room to watch as models stuck a pose for all the cameras. During the day dozens of photos were taken for street style whilst in the shows celebrities such as Paloma Faith found themselves the centre of attention.

All photos by Philippa Grafton