In Pictures: LFW Day One

has had her lens out and ready to capture those all important steps each model takes to flaunt the trends for Spring/Summer 2012

Day One at London Fashion week has set expectations high for the rest of the week, not only on the catwalks but in the crowds and on the streets as well.

Tailored neutrals have made appearances in both Paul Costelloe and Caroline Charles’ shows, whilst muted pastel patterns graced Orla Kiely’s collection. As well as the serene colour-scheme, pieces have been designed with the feminine side of fashion in mind: soft pleats, figure-hugging skirts and sheer materials all come together to present a pleasingly simple Spring/Summer 2012 style. Ever the individual, Philip Colbert defied current trends with The Rodnik Band, combining his Pop-Art-inspired pieces with an ecological twist, ‘Save our Seas’.

As expected, fashionistas were to be seen everywhere, donned in their faux-fur hats and Mickey Mouse sunglasses. A few familiar faces were sighted, most notably Boris Johnson, Erin O’Connor, Poppy Delevigne and an unexpected meeting with Pandemonia. All in all an interesting first day of London Fashion Week! Let’s hope the rest of the days can exceed the excitement of today.

All photos by Philippa Grafton