How to get involved

Nouse is York’s oldest, student run, campus newspaper – and we want you to get involved

Nouse is York’s oldest, student run, society and campus newspaper – and we want you to get involved.

Whether you want to contribute occasionally and try your hand as a journalist, or fancy yourself as the next editor, Nouse is the place to be.

Our content ranges from news to sport, fashion to technology. (Browse the website to see the full extent of content) If you’ve never written anything before, don’t worry – our section editors will reply with feedback and advice if you’re feeling nervous. There’s no selection process either, everyone is welcome to email in ideas and attend our section meetings held before every edition.

If writing isn’t your thing, we have roles in sub-editing, web editing, graphics, advertising, proof reading, illustration and photography. Our website is as important to us as the printed editions, so we’re always looking for content ideas between editions and during the holidays. Got an idea? Get in touch!

For specific sections email: the-section-name@nouse.co.uk.

For example, for Sport the email address is sport@nouse.co.uk.

Or for general questions on how to get a piece of the action email editor@nouse.co.uk.

Nouse isn’t just a paper – we are a campus society. It’s one of the best ways to meet a lot of new people, both on socials and during a production week. (Sunday night takeaway mandatory for all in the office on production weekend!)

If you fancy holding a position, our elections will be held – ALL positions up for grabs – this term, after our casual freshers’ meetings where we give you the low down on who’s who.

Nouse wins national student journalism awards, and alumni have gone on to write for the Telegraph, the Financial Times in New York and London, GQ, and Reuters in New Delhi.

Come and talk to us at our Freshers’ Fair stand to find out even more…and pick up the Freshers’ edition of Nouse in your first week!

Follow us on Twitter @yorknouse or find us on Facebook.

Last year’s editions:

1. December 6th

3. February 21st

5. May 1st

7. June 19th

2. January 31st

4. March 13th

6. May 22nd