Fond farewells

As this academic year draws to a alarmingly fast close, even the most stone-hearted amoungst us find themselves nostalgically reminiscing about the romance of our University experience

As this academic year draws to a alarmingly fast close, even the most stone-hearted amongst us find themselves nostalgically reminiscing about the romance of our University experience. Never one to jump on the bandwagon, we will attempt to avoid the teary-eyed schmaltz, but forgive us for taking this window of opportunity to thank all of those leaving, without whom this paper, and this team, would never have survived. We pass on our first gracious thanks to Michael and Gareth who always brought an unrelenting dedication and enviable intellect to the office and instilled a constant awe in us all. Thanks also to Kate for soothing us all with your wonderful accent and strange love of gardening, and to Tom Fisher for never being afraid of controversy. Thank you also to Randall for sharing beer and banter, and to Estella for bringing an effortless cool to an otherwise sadly dishevelled team. Thank you to Sophia for simply being fashionable in everything you do, and to Justyn for your hilariously inappropriate statements and beautiful photos; both will be missed in equal measure. We give our appreciation to Chris Young, for his 3am cheeriness and for helping us fight many a media battle, and to Ben for being the most chilled man on this earth, as well as reigning chunder bingo champion. Thanks to Sam Newsome for your strong minded and artistic vision in every amazing photo you took for Nouse, and to Liv, for keeping the features dream team alive, even when all the yoghurts were gone. Our thanks also go Pete, to whom words will never do justice, and to Andrew, one of the most talented and dedicated individuals to grace our humble office, and whose hard work has revolutionised Nouse online content. Your willingness to humour us mere mortals will leave us forever in your debt. To Laura, for the incredible passion that she brought to all sections of Nouse, and to Camilla, the most vivacious character to ever walk the halls of Grimston House, and who provided many a much needed croissant. To Tom, for your wonderful writing, caustic humour, and for being the only society member ever challenged to a duel. And finally to Charlotte, an incredible editor to whom we are all much indebted. Her vibrant personality, both in her self and in her writing, as well as her unquestioning support and supply of wine, means she has left a valuable and indelible mark on our paper. So thank you all. Go forth and be wonderful.