YUSU shortlisted for NUS Award

Credit: NUS

Credit: NUS

It has been announced that YUSU have been shortlisted in the 2011 NUS Awards, for the Endsleigh Technology Innovation Award.

YUSU were selected for their stop-motion University campus tour video, made up of 2683 images.

Tim Ngwena, YUSU President, commenting on YUSU’s nomination, said: “It’s great for YUSUs nomination to be recognised and shortlisted.

“The shortlisting in itself gives recognition for the effort officers have put into embracing new forms of digital media and technology to communicate to students. We are hopeful moving forward and time shall tell what the final outcome is.”

Aaron Porter, NUS President, stated that: “I am very impressed by the quality of the entries this year. It has been an outstanding 12 months for the student movement and the nominations for this year’s NUS Awards back this up.”

The award ceremony will take place in Leeds on 20 July.

1. Don’t know if you noticed, but Nouse got a nomination too. I would have thought you’d want to flag that up, maybe give it a line somewhere.

2. We had noticed, we didn’t want to sound too self-congratulatory but there you go, seems like we get criticised either way!

3. Rather than sounding too self-congratulatory, it just looks odd that you’d mention one nomination for York and not the other really. But a bit of modesty never hurt, so we can let it slide if you like.