New ISA committee results announced

Chen was elected Vice-President. Photo source: Facebook

The results of this year’s International Student Association (ISA) elections have been announced with Lewis Yingwei Chen beating En Shi Teoh to become the new committee Vice-President.

After winning the post, Chen thanked those who, as he described, had provided “support and courage” during his campaign.

He added that he saw his election win as creating “plenty of opportunities for representing the international students at York.”

Other contested positions included the Events co-ordinator, which was won by the team of Nathalie Czarnecki, Xiaodan Sun and Artur Safiullin, while the Marketing Representative was taken by Karolina Wnuk and Arthur Mukembo.

The remaining positions were uncontested, with the Treasurer going to Jeongho Andy Park, Welfare representative going to Joy Yixin Zhang, Charles Mcswiggan was elected as the UK Integration representative.

Trips Co-ordinator went to Karl-Axel Lindgren, Sports Representative to Mikala Louise Sørensen and finally the position of Secretary went to Aleksandrs Cudars.

However, there will be a by-election for the position of Campaigns Representative in two weeks time as nobody stood for it in the elections this time around.

This year there were new positions, including the Sport Officer and the UK Integration Officer representative – which was the only position Home students could vote for in the elections.

The President of the ISA, Leslie Tay, was elected in the the YUSU elections last February.