The Look We Love: Daphne Guinness

British fashion icon, journalist, and couture collector, Daphne Guinness, seen here just after the Charlie Le Mindu show, was our style pick of the week.

The base of her look is a lightweight coat. Daphne has teamed it with a belt, cinching all the fabric in at the waist. For a high-street copy get the Paris Trench Coat (£90) from Jones and Jones, with Portfolio Lightweight Pashminetta Scarf from M&S (£18) to complete the look.

The belt is key to producing an hourglass figure. Our favourite copy is from MICHAEL by Michael Kors Lace-Up Suede Corset Belt (£22.66).
Her patent emerald handbag breaks up the solid black and certainly grabs attention. Go for the mock croc Maisy Bag (£61) by Paul’s Boutique for a dead cert eye-catcher.

For a carbon copy of her knee-high stockings, go for a pair of Henry Holland’s Super Suspender Tights (£12).

Daphne’s final fashion focal point is the shoes. Hers are from designer Natacha Marro. They are in fact without a heel and only a front wedge. The shoes do question the laws of gravity. In the real world the closest we’ll get to these is a pair of Mary Janes, but maybe one day…