Deputy Editor’s Picks

9th March, Central Hall, 19.30 The University of York Symphony Orchestra conducted by John Stringer present the Messiaen: Turangalîla Symphony.…

9th March, Central Hall, 19.30
The University of York Symphony Orchestra conducted by John Stringer present the Messiaen: Turangalîla Symphony. The piece is decribed as being luxurious and sensual.

10th – 12th March, Theatre Film and Television. Hes East. 19.00
The first in house performance of Heslington east looks to be an exciting venture, and well worth taking a trip on the 44 for. Masters & Misfits, created by third year students, is a double bill of two comedic pieces which debate the notion of class and it’s effect on society.
After the success of Good and The Arsonist, we look forward to seeing it.

11th-13th March, Drama Barn, 19.30
Ramadan Amadeus. Written and directed by Tom Vickers, it presents Faust’s legend of the demon Mephisto, concerning the traditional battle for the scholar. Played out in the dream-scape that is monsoon India, the last instalment in this term’s season, promises to be a feast of madness.

19th March, Theatre Royal York, 19.30
The Original Theatre Company bring Dancing at Lughnasa to York. Five women are portrayed vividly against the Irish hills of Donegal. Brian Friel’s play looks set to be something skilled to behold.