The 2011 Razzies

Our Worst Films Blogger on the Golden Raspberry Awards

Last night’s Razzies served as a humorous prelude to tonight’s altogether more serious affair, with a string of well-deserved wins (or losses, depending on your viewpoint) all around. The most contentious award of the night was right at the top, with pundits torn between predicting that The Last Airbender or Sex and the City 2 would win the coveted title of Worst Picture; in the end, the honour went to the former. Perhaps to make up for this potential uproar, Worst Actress collectively went to the “gal pals” of the latter atrocity, with Worst Actor going to the lovably adorable but sadly incompetent Ashton Kutcher.

Overall, the evening was fairly split between The Last Airbender and Sex and the City 2 – M. Night Shyamalan’s exercise in how to infuriate fans won five, and the filmic equivalent of a bunch of outrageously decadent homosexuals churning out the worst insult to feminism since Emily Davison was trampled by the King’s horse in June 1913 garnered three. Making up the list was Jessica Alba (for her role in four films), and Jackson Rathbone, best known for his portrayal of Jasper in The Oestrogen Saga: Eclipse.

WORST PICTURE
The Last Airbender

WORST DIRECTOR
M. Night Shyamalan, The Last Airbender

WORST ACTOR
Ashton Kutcher, Killers and Valentine’s Day

WORST ACTRESS
Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon, Sex and the City 2

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Jackson Rathbone, The Last Airbender and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Jessica Alba, The Killer Inside Me, Little Fockers, Machete, and Valentine’s Day

WORST EYE-GOUGING MISUSE OF 3D
The Last Airbender

WORST SCREEN COUPLE/WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE
The cast of Sex and the City 2

WORST SCREENPLAY
M. Night Shyamalan, The Last Airbender

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL
Sex and the City 2

1. So i see the razzies have zero vision and forsight too see when a great feature comes along such as the last airbender.snap and there it is no boobs no booty and a great storyline comes along people get clamy and nervous, whell we have the razzies too spoil it all for kids and adults who are looking for something different. Blah blah blah….

2. Avatar: The Last Airbender is set in an Asian influenced world with zero Asian people.