Ellis has outlined the areas and some of the issues that he thinks are affecting students at York in his manifesto. He focuses on the relationship between YUSU and the JCRCs, but also on the Union’s delivery of events and, although applauds YUSU for bringing the Fresher’s Ball event onto campus this year, he criticises the organisation of the event and capacity limitations that were imposed.
- He wants to have at least two Sabbatical Officers attending at least two JCRC meetings each term to ensure greater communication between YUSU and the colleges.
- Help improve the International Arrivals Week and incorporate college events into the timetable.
- Improve the YUSU website by having an “enhanced college section” and ensure minutes from meetings are uploaded as quickly as possible.
- Help smooth over the transition to the new democratic format for YUSU.
- Re-think the Fresher’s Ball by looking into having two headline acts or two separate events or replacing the Ball with a wider, college based event.