Name to watch: Jessica Dance

New talent is ever-emerging in the fashion world. Among Selfridges’ Bright Young Things is jewelry designer Jessica Dance

A still from a 'behind the scenes' movie.

Jessica Dance is primarily known for her jewellery, however she is by no means just a jewellery maker – she is a creator. Not just confined to fashion, Dance’s ‘Couture Creatures’, window displays, ‘behind the scenes’ videos created by her and her boyfriend, Rob Frances; and even art installations show her creative flare continues to the core. Her ‘Couture Creatures’ are a collection of brightly coloured fabric animal inspired creatures that can be worn as adorable accessories, and her jewellery and accessories range has won her a prestigious creative marketing award already early on in her career.

Mainly working at night as revealed by her behind the scenes artistic videos, Jessica Dance claims to be very inspired by the animal kingdom, which gives her the inspiration for her highly creative creatures and jewellery. Her bespoke jewellery collection is highly relevant for this seasons trend of bright colours, and are items like no other on the market, each one having been made by her own ‘fair hand’. The collection includes contemporary items such as ‘Juggle Head’ and ‘Juggle Neck’ – a matching head piece and necklace created with eye catching purple and gold juggling balls, and ‘Wow’ necklace and bracelet – another matching pair created with iridescent lettering that would stand out in any crowd.

Her collaboration with Robert Francis Muller has created art installations which have aroused worldwide interest, and will soon be available to view on their website online. Their motto gives some clue as to the random inspiration for the truly avant-garde art that ‘Get Mullered and Dance’ create together, “We are two creative people, one girl and one boy. One of us can sew, the other one can’t. We both like rabbits, we both like the sea side. One of us doodles on trainers, we both wear them. One likes the smell of spray paint, one doesn’t. We both like knives, scissors, glue and card.”

Dance is currently supported by the Selfridges London ‘Bright Young Things’ initiative, and is an up-and-coming star in both the creative fashion world and the business marketing side. Her window displays have been shown around London, including in Selfridges, and her jewellery is available to buy here.