Blundell wants to put the student at the heart of YUSU and her manifesto documents how she would allow students to “have your say” on what the Sabbatical Officers are doing and how the Union is run. She wants to make sure all students have an equal say and promises to listen to students as well as consulting with them and to not just act independently all of the time.
- She wants an online discussion forum where students can discuss past and upcoming votes.
- An Officer’s Diary which would make YUSU more transparent and accessible to the lay student.
- She plans to collect feedback from students about the Courtyard, ASC and the Studio to ensure these facilities are up to standard, although run by YUSU staff rather than student Officers.
- She promises to make sure a new student centre is built that contains bookable open spaces to allow greater accessibility to the Sabbatical Officers.
- She wants to ensure the University is focusing on current students as well as prospective ones and use the JCRCs to relay information back to YUSU.