Rowley has set out a clear manifesto with a five-point plan which highlights his experience within student politics and how he plans to ensure students get the best deal possible with the upcoming funding cuts and expected tuition fee rise. He stresses that the election isn’t about him or any of the other candidates, but about the students and what they want their union to be.
- He wants a written letter from the University Vice-Chancellor with promises of increased bursaries and addressing the issues of hidden costs if, as expected, tuition fees are going to rise.
- Make sure first-year students get a good first impression of the University in freshers week and create a better Fresher’s Ball event.
- Improve communication by holding regular meetings in the college JCRs for students to drop-in as well as more regular meetings between YUSU and college chairs.
- Monthly YUSU Away days, relocating the Office to a College JCRC.
- A non-anonymous comment function on YUSU.org blogs.