Pitt is seeking to ensure that there is a greater degree of equality across societies in terms of the way funding is allocated, and continue working to improve the space which is made available to societies. He also seeks to encourage co-operation across the different areas of the position, particularly with regard to the affiliations between charitable endeavours and University sports teams.
- Begin using a formula to decide running cost allocations for societies.
- Use Societies Committee to award extra funding for unexpected costs.
- Improve advice given to societies about acquiring funding through sponsorship and advertising.
- Prevent college events from moving societies from spaces that societies have previously booked and improve storage space across campus.
- Encourage RAG and Volunteering to affiliate with teams in York Sport.
- Ensure YUSU societies have more money and space allocated to them following the tuition fee rises.