Alastair Logan – Manifesto

Logan believes that with a rise in tuition fees there should be an expected increase in teaching and facility standards. He further plans to improve the University’s online teaching component, by getting more material centrally online and easier to access as many students now use mobile devices to access the web. In his manifesto Logan highlights the necessity of improving the visibility of Course and Faculty reps, and plans on working with academic societies to hold forums to better represent students on academic issues.

Policies:

• Ensure that as tuition fees rise, the expected increase in teaching and facility standards is delivered, and to lobby for a detailed framework to clearly set out where all tuition fees are being spent
  • Improve the visibility of Course Reps and Faculty Reps amongst students and within departments, to give them a greater mandate for decision making and consultation within departments.
  • Improve assessment and feedback, by ensuring departments turn work around on time, with appropriate and personalised feedback to improve your work.
  • Ensure that as soon as the Library Refurbishment Project is completed, 24 hour library access is delivered.